Monday, December 3, 2007

uh-oh. I forgot to post Tran's last blog entry. My bad.

I hate blogging because I don't get the thrill of seeing my name as the person who posted the blog. Darn google for its complicated ways. So... my building played a game called "Erhmanopordy" (a hybrid between the game Jeapordy and the building's name) which pitted each floor against one another. Reminded me of that first page in Maus when Vladek mentioned something about locking friends up together for weeks without food. The floors were playing for free Gypsy's pizza, and dang, did it turn foul. The extent some people go to for some free food and to win... tsk tsk. Whatever happened to being friendly neighbors? Anywho, Pinky and the Brain... awww I am forever in their debt. Because of them, I memorized the different parts of the brain and the nervous systerm and got extra credit for Physiology in high school.

I don't think I will ever get tired of talking about Maus. Instead of pouring our ideas onto an essay, I say we share them to enlighten one another. I always like hearing about other people's opinions. There's so much more to interpret! I'm being optimistic =] I really want to read Maus II. I went to the Cal student store on my way back to my dorm to look for it. I spent an hour wandering around. Why didn't I just ask the information desk? I don't know. Instead, I ended up reading a book about Dr. Seuss and his "Seussisms." Oh, the places I will go... It was pretty inspirational.

At 2 in the morning, I remember how I used to be afraid of every little noise I hear back at home if I stayed up this late. I was especially afraid after reading "All Quiet on the Western Front" and watching "Schindler's List." Anything that is borderline horror-ish or mentions anything of that sort makes me nervous. I was scared of that one old Nickalodeon cartoon "AHHH Real Monsters!" So it was interesting for me to discover that Maus isn't giving me any nightmares. (I probably jinxed myself and end up having nightmares tonight. If I do, I shall inform the class tomorrow, or today.) I think I fooled myself with the images into thinking that yea, this is just a story that happened to animals. I know that this was reality, but I just can't fathom the truth. It's too scary for me. I prefer to live in a bubble.

No comments: