Friday, December 7, 2007

fin

I decided that just in case I missed a blog entry that I might as well do another one since I want to take a productive break from studying and this is the perfect opportunity. Theres a new movie out, "The Golden Compass," and I've wanted to watch it since i first heard it was turned into a movie. I really enjoyed the books, actually that's an understatement, I adored the books they were so though-out and amazing. It's all about religion, so obviously some people are upset. their main beef, God is apparently murdered in the series, this is not what happens at all. In the book what is defeated is not God, and no where in there is God ever seen nor does anyone know he exist. Instead what is defeated is the corrupt immoral institution that creates their own ideas and labels them as God's. Now it seems that religion is the bad guy in the book, but thats not true either. The idea is not to defeat religion or God but defeat the "bad" God, the one that kills and that creates misery.

all this is taking me way too deep into the pool that is the infinite.

No comments: