Friday, November 30, 2007

Has anyone read today's SF Chronicle? I myself haven't, but I did glance at the headlines since a lone yellow Chronicle kiosk sits by my morning bus stop. At the top left hand corner of the front page I saw a feature about a "new cut" of Blade Runner. When will that movie ever leave me alone? We watched the opening scenes of it in my history class, and I my professor's having yet another lecture on it for me to look forward to in the very near future. Right before finals! Oh, joy. I'm sorry, but I think one fast-forwarded and one real-time viewing of that Ridley Scott movie is all I can take, let alone critical analysis on it. While making up my own dialogue to it would be fun, I must admit the few bits of dialogue are inadvertently hilarious. However, the wait for that hilarity to happen is too long for me, as I am much too impatient. And I still can't get over the scene when _________ (the weird replicant who almost kills Deckard [why did they have to change all the characters' names?]) smashes Tyrell's head in with his fingers. What's worse is that dove flying away in slow-mo. What the hell? Wasn't that symbolism already overused by the '80s? All I can say is at least I don't have to be subjected to Ichi the Killer film history criticism.

No comments: