Thursday, September 27, 2007

I want to be an android

I was also thinking about Tony's question, "What planet would you live on, Earth or Mars?" I think I'd like to live on Earth as an escaped android, preferably as a gorgeously seductive female (to entice all of those evil bounty hunters). Performing slave labor on Mars doesn't sound so appealing, but illegally escaping to Earth and killing humans who are in my way sounds relatively better. Additionally, I'd be armed with a highly intelligent mind. And because I wouldn't be able to feel empathy, I'd be able to indulge in my own selfishness and revel in my own independence. I think being on Earth as an escaped android would allow me to see the Earth as a museum, a place where I can continue to be baffled and amazed by the human race. The human race and planet would fulfill my curiosity. For example, I'd be able to discover whether spiders can run on four legs or not. The downside is that my life will be considerably shorter and that I will always be hunted by bounty hunters. However, I think that being an android on Earth will allow me to fully taste the flavors of life, even if I will be programmed to feel sad if I eventually will want to become human.

I wonder if androids age. Probably not since they live only about four years. I wonder if they make baby androids. or teenage boys. And I wonder if they bleed.

No comments: