Wednesday, October 3, 2007

I wonder what it's like being a superhero. In some ways, I think life would be easier. If I were like Doctor Impossible, I wouldn't have to worry about studying for Chemistry or Physics. Everything would come to me ever so quickly. However, being Spider-Man and all, I know "with great power comes great responsibility." But, really, I would totally help the world out. What else would I do with my time? Maybe I would be hyperactive, but I consider that a good thing since I can never manage to do what I'm supposed to do. If I accomplished more than the average person, at least I'd have a good chance of also accomplishing something worth while and also goof off. I blame my lack of a social life. I'm not evil, though. Shut-ins are stereotypically clumped with the goths and outcasts of the world. Why can't people just allow shut-ins to be preoccupied with saving the world instead of destroying it? That excerpt from Soon I Will Be Invincible continues to resonate in my mind (Damn resonance structures; I still have chemistry on the brain). The good guys are also smart. As Tony said, Blackwolf is much smarter than Doctor Impossible. It's just ironic since somewhere in the book, Grossman says he's borderline retarded, which reminds me of Anchorman. (Has anyone seen the new season of The Office? Sorry for being so off-topic today.) In any case, humans are complicated creatures and many are contradictions. When did the diabolical masterminds turn from on the good guys? Lots of geniuses are with the good guys. Come on now, Marshall Flinkman does calculus in his head. And he voluntarily works for the CIA. I still have faith in the geniuses of the world. I've come across plenty here at Berkeley.

No comments: