Saturday, December 8, 2007

My Third Attempting at Posting/Blogspot hates me today.

Fortunately, I didn't have to sit through another set of Blade Runner movie clips or a historical perspective on it, as I was expecting. But I admit I was a little disappointed since, maybe, if I had a deeper understanding of what the hell Ridley Scott was trying to achieve in his film, I would have a greater appreciation for it. Then again, I'd probably fall asleep through my professor's lecture. Two o'clock in the afternoon has been proven to be high time for my power naps, despite the professor's thoroughly strange take on history. Sitting in a darkened lecture hall would make things much, much worse. In any case, a happy coincidence happened. Instead of analysis on Blade Runner, we learned about the emergence of sexual deviation: homosexuality, transgenderism, and the like. As I checked the syllabus online (https://webfiles.berkeley.edu/~mgalvan/Schedule.html), the talk was entitled "The Queer Frontier." It made me think of our class and all the images from Paris Is Burning, which then made me homesick for our class in Wheeler. It also goes to show how everything's connected. As I may have mentioned before, my history class started with Blade Runner, as our English class did (I consider Philip K. Dick's book the start of our class since I have nearly erased all memory of Frankenstein). It's funny how two classes can parallel each other so much, beginning and ending on the same subjects.

No comments: