Thursday, November 29, 2007

I cant believe that the school semester is coming to an end so fast. With the end of the semester apporaching i find myself bogged down with numerous papers. In terms of this last R1B paper im kinda excited. Its way better than Frankenstein. Maus has presented a way of conveying literature to the public. I know i talked about comics and literature in my last blog but i thinking a little. If we presented great works of literature in the same way that Art Speigelman presented a story about the Holocaust would be have a more educated, aware society? By presenting text with pictures would we be able to get kids to read more? I dont want to take away from the importance of reading and vocabulary but in terms of literature awareness i think we would see a much bigger interest. If an author is able to covey a story about one of the most tragic events in our World's history and still be taken seriously then why cant more authors do the same?

No comments: