Thursday, October 18, 2007

Ok, I know I'm going to end up missing this by a few minutes, but oh well.

I thought Grossman's talk was quite interesting, especially that part about how all of the story and all of the action takes place in the invisible space. It's genius, albeit he didn't actually come up with it himself, but still an awesome philosophical insight. Also, when he mentioned that Feral and Elphin were gay, I wasn't sure if he was kidding or not. Elphin, maybe I could see that happening, but Feral? Isn't he like a stereotypical embodiment of everything masculine ever? I mean, he's explosive, purely strength-based, etc etc... well, maybe except for the cat part. Guys never seem to be cat-people.

I also thought it was interesting how he wrote the book completely out of order, and yet it still came together. Especially since nearly every passage ends with a witty sentence or incredible statement. Maybe we should start writing papers like that? Eh eh?

No comments: