Thursday, November 15, 2007

When I read a comic book, I sort of read at a fast pace because I feel like the action is non-stop. The action flows from one panel to another, and I have to read fast in order to keep up with the pace of the comic (or the pace I set for myself actually). However, this is a different type of comic that I have never read before. I used to read Sailor Moon, and most of the story is told through the pictures, with the occasional outbursts of dialogue and action words (i.e. POW). So it's kind of hard for me to keep up because there is so much information to absorb.

I found it interesting how Vladek disguised himself as a Pole by wearing a pig mask. I find it ironic because in reality, humans are the same species, yet people find differences and divide us into more categories. Just a thought.

Oh, and at the end of chapter 4, it was nice to hear a bit from Mala's story after hearing Vladek complain about her all the time. I can't wait to discover how they met and why they got married.

It seems that Vladek is not proud of Artie. Vladek lived through so much, and he barely escaped death so many times by using his resources. Later on, Artie had a better life in America, where he didn't have to go through suck evils as the Holocaust.

Yup, random thoughts for the week.

--tran

No comments: