Wednesday, November 28, 2007

On the Issues of Essays

Well I'm not sure if we were given a topic or whether we are supposed to write an entry, but just in case:

In class we spent most of the time editing essays so I'll devote this to other essays i have edited. My skills in creatively coming up with a topic for this week seem very lacking, whatever. My cousin is sending in her college applications this week and she asked me to go over them with her. I am probably the worst person to do this with since I know nothing about parallel structure, verb agreement, or where commas are supposed, to, go. But I hoped to try and help her with the big picture and reading her essay I was 1) very jealous that she was a better writer than me and 2) surprised about the content in her essay, she revealed something that I had not known about her. That got me thinking how much of anyone do we actually know? I think people make it seem like we are all similarly confident but behind that veneer lies a still more conforming person who is unsure whether or not everything they do is right. Who knows what's inside each person that deeply affected their past and now their present selves and how little we know...but these are all Berkeley thoughts. Deep thoughts from the deep: sri sri kunal...aaauuummmmmm

No comments: