Wednesday, October 3, 2007

odds and ends

Just a couple comments on Androids first. Why does Rachel guzzle down bourbon like she's capable of getting drunk? And smoke cigarettes? Sorry it just bothered me. And I don't really understand why she killed the goat. Revenge for just sleeping with her and "using" her? ...But I thought androids don't feel emotions, especially something so "human" as jealousy?

Continuing onto Invincible, I was thinking about all the superheroes/villains and it thought, Wow I actually wish I could be Fatale (but Lily sounds equally awesome/mysterious/kick-ass). I mean, superhuman strength, lightning reflexes (proving that I'm NOT a bad driver), indestructible metal skeleton (like Wolverine!), and she even says she doesn't get her period anymore. No cramps. Sweet. And without having to remember to pop sugar pills every night at the same exact time.

Offensively trained, no fingerprints, no EEG signal... possibly a CSI's worst nightmare. So then you can't track her. So then you can't run lie-detector tests. Fatale is so built to be a villain, and I kind of hope she turns out to be one too. Evil is just way more interesting that good-doers, but I can't quite put my finger on it's appeal. But then again, I really enjoy pirates and vampires, so maybe I just have an affinity for anything badass. Ok now I'm just rambling.

No comments: